Boards and Commissions
The City has thirteen (13) Boards and Commissions which have been established by City Charter, City Council or State Law. Board members are selected by the City Council and appointments are for a one, two or three-year term. An appointment to certain boards requires an Oath of Office and Statement of Appointed Official affirming ethical behavior in securing your appointment.
Applications are accepted in the City Secretary’s office year-round. The selection process begins in October to fill vacancies for the following year. Your application is reviewed by the City Council, interviews are conducted at the request of the City Council and appointments are made at a Council Meeting. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by letter.
Board appointees perform invaluable public service that can shape not only the quality of life, but reflect the varied interests unique to our community.
The City of Euless is truly grateful for the dedicated and loyal board members and their service to our great City!
- Must be a resident of the City of Euless
- Must show an interest and enthusiasm about the mission and efforts of the board
- Must commit to the required volunteer time as a member or alternate
- Must conduct themselves in a manner to avoid both actual and potential conflicts between their private self-interest and the public trust.
List of Boards and Commissions
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board
- Civil Service Commission
- Crime Control and Prevention District Board
- Euless Development Corporation
- HEB Teen Court Advisory Board
- Historical Preservation Committee
- Housing and Structure Board
- Industrial Development Authority
- Library Board
- Parks and Leisure Services Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone
- Zoning Board of Adjustment